Emphysema Page 2023
Emphysema, a chronic obstructive lung disease, is the third-leading cause of death in America. We understand the daily struggles that emphysema patients and their families face. We have dedicated our lives to pioneering natural research for respiratory health because you too have a right to be informed and to choose the products of nature that will contribute to your freedom and health.
O que é enfisema?
When the alveolar wall is destroyed, the lungs begin to lose their elasticity. The lungs’ expansion capacity is reduced, leading to an insufficient supply of oxygen and an inadequate exchange for carbon dioxide. This can lead to rapid declines in quality of life, even death.
Why Should You Never Ignore Emphysema?
Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are grouped together under chronic obstructive lung disorder (COPD). This term is used to describe lungs that are deteriorating. Ignoring Emphysema will only make the condition worse. If not treated, this condition can lead to permanent tissue destruction. The development of large air spaces (giant Bullae) within the lungs can also be a serious complication. These bullae may also become infected, or burst, causing lung collapse. Emphysema increases the pressure on the heart, causing it to pump more blood. This is because oxygen levels are lower due to damaged alveoli. Therefore, the heart must work harder to pump blood through the lungs.
The American Lung Association reports that over 3,000,000 Americans suffer from emphysema. With the increase in smokers, the risk of emphysema has increased for both men and women.
Do Steroids and Bronchodilators Cure Emphysema?
Emphysema is treated with steroids and bronchodilators, which are FDA-approved medicines. In the USA, one must consult a doctor licensed by their state for diagnosis, treatment, and cure of emphysema.
While steroids are often prescribed to treat inflammation of the lungs, few people realize that they only provide temporary relief. Steroids suppress the immune system by blocking DNA production and histamine. The main side effects of steroids are osteoporosis and cataracts, as well as weight gain and increased susceptibility to infection due to the suppressed immune systems. Other reported side effects include ulcers, diabetes, and increased blood glucose.
Bronchodilators can be used to open airways in emergencies. Bronchodilators can cause serious side effects, including increased heart rate, irregular beats, and palpitations, even though they provide temporary relief.
The use of steroids and bronchodilators to treat emphysema is not recommended because they not only have horrendous side effects but also do not stop the deterioration process in the lungs.
Emphysema Treatment Options
Modern medicine says that once emphysema has developed, it is not reversible. Medication can only be used to reduce the severity of the symptoms and to prevent the condition from worsening.
The prognosis for the disease is largely dependent on your lifestyle, your smoking habits, and the health status of your vital organs. The ideal way to treat the condition is to find the cause of the problem, strengthen and rejuvenate the lungs and increase the elasticity in the alveolar wall. Ayurveda and TCM have a rich history and modern research has shown that they can benefit the structure and functionality of your lungs. It is obvious that the lungs are important and that there is a lot of evidence from both ancient times and modern research to support this.
Every system has a unique understanding and outlook, and each human being has a right to be informed about the most recent research.
- Modern medicine uses anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator drugs to temporarily relieve symptoms and reduce inflammation. When a respiratory infection occurs, antibiotics are prescribed. They do not treat the cause of the infection and can suppress the immune system.Sometimes, surgery may be required to remove damaged tissues.
- Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Traditional Chinese Medicine are holistic systems that focuses on changing the terrain and boosting the immunity of the body in order to optimize the lung’s function.
In a study, a plant extract that contains medicinal properties was shown to reduce emphysema and inflammation of the lungs caused by cigarette smoke. The plant extract was also reported to have no side effects, even when taken in high doses.
- Ayurvedic herbs have been clinically proven to improve immune health. They also exerts mucolytic action and tone the mucosal lining of the respiratory tract.
Pesquisa sobre Ingredientes Herbais:
- Curcuma Longa: Curcumin derived from Curcuma longa or turmeric has been traditionally considered effective in reducing inflammation. It is thought to promote healthy air sacs and inhibit the formation inflammatory cells. Curcumin was found to improve lung function by reducing inflammatory cells caused by smoking.
- Ginseng Panax: This herb contains constituents which are believed to have a positive effect on lung function, and reduce inflammation. Recent research has shown that ginseng may have antioxidant properties which could be beneficial to lung health.
- Nigella Sativa : Also known as Black Cumin. The seeds or extracts of this plant are so therapeutic that traditional medical systems refer to it as the panacea for all health problems. In a study, it was found that the seeds of this plant could reduce cigarette smoke-induced inflammation in the lungs and improve breathing capacity. The plant extract was also reported to have no side effects, even when taken in high doses.
- Resonance Homeopathy: According to its “like cures like” principle it is believed to enhance the strength of your respiratory centers and support your bronchi function with the help of advanced bioenergetic imprints and sarcodes.
According to the FTC Enforcement Policy Statement, anyone selling OTC homeopathic drugs must make sure that they:
- Homeopathy is not scientifically proven to work.
- The claims of the product are based on homeopathy theories from the 17th century, which are not accepted today by modern medical experts.
-TCM, another ancient medical practice suggests that certain herbs can improve lung function. The results of clinical studies to observe the effects of Chinese herbal remedies on Emphysema concluded that these herbs could potentially lower pulmonary hypertension and preserve vessel endothelial cells, as well as reduce the inflammation reaction in the pulmonary tissue.
Emphysema cannot be diagnosed and treated by a person in the USA. They must consult a doctor licensed to practice in their state and city. It is your right to be informed about the groundbreaking research for respiratory health and immunity.
The products have been removed from this page as many countries have not yet evaluated them for emphysema.
Biogetica offers a lung support kit that contains all the ingredients above in a convenient, easy-to-use combination.
Emphysema: Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis
Normal lung tissue is very elastic and spongy. Each lung contains about 3,000,000 tiny structures known as alveoli. Alveoli are tiny air sacs arranged in a grape bunch. Here is where the exchange of oxygen and CO2 takes place.
The alveolar wall is destroyed in Emphysema. The lungs become stiffer and less flexible. The result is that air cannot escape the lungs and becomes trapped. Inhaling less air is due to the reduced expansion of the lung during the next inhalation. As a result, the body receives insufficient oxygen.
Causas do enfisema
Emphysema is caused by the destruction of alveolar tissues. This can be caused by:
- Smoking: Cigarette smoking causes inflammation and irritation in the airways, and damages alveoli. Smoking disrupts the sweeping motion of tiny hairs called cilia, which help keep the airways clear.
- The mucus builds up, which attracts bacteria. This leads to infection. To combat bacterial infections, the immune cells in the lungs release destructive enzymes. These enzymes cause the loss of proteins that maintain the elasticity in the lungs over time.
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin is present in healthy individuals’ lungs. It protects the lung tissue from Trypsin’s destructive effects. Alpha-1-Antitrypsin is lacking in some people. The lung tissue slowly deteriorates. The lungs are less able to function properly.
- Air pollution irritates the lungs in a similar way to that caused by cigarette smoke. It can cause tissue damage and inflammation over time.
- Genetic Predisposition: People with a history of Emphysema in their family are more likely to develop it.
- Emphysema is more common in men than in women. It is not known why this occurs, but it may be due to differences in male and female hormones.
- Emphysema is more common in older people because lung function declines as we age.
- Emphysema is more common in people with bronchial asthma or chronic bronchitis.
Sintomas de enfisema
Emphysema develops slowly. The symptoms of Emphysema may be noticed slowly by a person.
Persistent cough – Cilia are affected. They are responsible for clearing the airway passage. There is a lot of mucus that does not get removed, causing a persistent cough.
Breathing Problems – The gradual accumulation of mucus causes blockage and inflammation of the airways, leading to breathlessness.
Purse Lip Breathing- This is a characteristic that is believed to be adopted by emphysema patients to help exhalation, against resistance, and to prevent air from accumulating.
Diagnóstico de enfisema
The doctor will perform a thorough physical examination and carefully examine the shape of your chest if he suspects Emphysema. Emphysema patients may have a barrel chest, where the distance between the chest and the back is decreased. The doctor may then recommend the following tests.
Chest X-ray – This is to determine if any infection has been found in the passages.
Lung Function Tests – This test measures the lung’s functional capacity and helps the doctor to understand the condition of your lungs.
Blood Tests – They can be used to determine the number of white blood cells, which increase during acute infections. Blood is also tested for genetic disorders like alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiencies in suspected cases. Blood is often tested for oxygen and carbon dioxide levels.
Treatment for Emphysema
Conventional treatment cannot cure Emphysema. Many medications can relieve the symptoms and mitigate the damage.
- Inhalers such as tiotropium, salmeterol (Serevent), Formoterol (Foradil), and albuterol are used to open airways.
- Sometimes, anti-inflammatory drugs such as montelukast and roflimulast (Singulair), are used
- To reduce inflammation of the lungs, steroids may be prescribed.
- When the respiratory tracts or lungs become infected, antibiotics are used.
- Other procedures that are used to treat this condition include oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Surgery is recommended in severe cases to remove the damaged tissue.
The major lifestyle interventions are to stop smoking, avoid exposure to pollutants and irritations, as well as to exercise under supervision.
Natural Complementary Care
In your area, it is illegal to treat Emphysema with homeopathy or any other natural treatment.
- This condition is caused by damage to the air sacs and obstruction of the bronchioles. Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and other natural alternatives are believed to help the lungs function optimally. In countries that don’t support TCM Ayurveda or Homeopathy, no cure or treatment claims can be made.
Biogetica is a synergetic combination of dietary supplements, resonance homeopathic formulations, and traditionally used herbs. It does not claim to treat or cure emphysema in countries where TCM and Ayurveda do not qualify as medicine. Biogetica kits combine dietary supplements with resonance homeopathic formulas and traditional herbs. Click here to learn more about our lung-support protocols.
These combinations used in our kits are believed to focus on: **
- Coaxing a specific immune response with Sarcodes. The Homeopathy formula used here are bioenergetic imprints of various lung, bronchi and mucous membrane impressions. In accordance to the homeopathic principle of “Like Cure Like” they are believed to coax a specific, optimal immune response.
- Equilibrando os cinco elementos e suas funções no corpo com ervas tradicionalmente usadas.
- Supporting the normal structure and functioning of the body and immune system and lungs with complementary dietary supplements.
- Emphysema patients should eat a healthy diet that promotes immunity and general health. This includes fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains, fish, and meats low in Omega-6 fatty acids, such olive oil and canola oils, avocados, salmon, and coldwater fish rich in fat.
- Vitamin C and vitamin E are important for lung health.
- Include foods high in protein such as meat, fish and poultry, legumes, dairy, cereals, cheese, nuts, and dairy products.
Foods to Moderately Consume:
Foods high in oil and dairy products, such as milk or dairy products, should be limited.
Avoid these foods:
Avoid drinking and eating cold drinks. Avoid frozen, canned, or preserved foods with artificial colors and additives. They contain substances that can worsen Emphysema.
- In emphysema, you can take 10 to 15 drops of freshly expressed garlic juice with warm water and honey.
- Drink the mixture by mixing 1/4 cup onion juice, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of licorice in 1 cup of water to relieve emphysema.
- Drink a glass containing 2/3 carrot and 1/3 spinach juice, 3 times per day.
- Add 30-40 basil leaves to a liter of water. Strain the leaves, and drink them throughout the day.
- Linseeds can be used as a loose poultice for chest problems, emphysema bronchopneumonia, and pleurisy. The counter-irritant effects of the poultice are enhanced by dusting it with mustard powder.
- Quit smoking: If you’re a smoker, quitting smoking is the most important step you can take to slow down the progression of emphysema. Avoiding exposure to second-hand smoke is also essential.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can put additional strain on your lungs, so it’s important to maintain a healthy weight. Consult a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for guidance on proper nutrition and weight management.
- Exercise regularly: Engaging in regular exercise, as recommended by your healthcare professional, can improve lung function and overall fitness. Discuss with your doctor about suitable exercises and any precautions you need to take.
- Breathing exercises: Practicing deep breathing exercises, such as pursed lip breathing or diaphragmatic breathing, may help improve lung capacity and ease shortness of breath. A respiratory therapist can guide specific techniques.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water can help keep the airways moist and thin out mucus, making it easier to cough up. However, consult your healthcare professional about the recommended fluid intake for your specific condition.
- Avoid environmental irritants: Limit exposure to air pollution, dust, strong chemicals, and other irritants that may worsen your symptoms. Using air purifiers and wearing a mask when necessary can be beneficial.
- Eat a nutritious diet: Focus on a well-balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. A healthy diet can support overall well-being and provide essential nutrients for your body.
Remember, while these remedies may help manage symptoms, they are not a substitute for medical treatment. Consult with your healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis, treatment plan, and guidance tailored to your specific condition.
Kits multidisciplinares baseados em evidências